Pet Rescue Organizations
Thinking about adopting a rescue? Giving an abandoned cat or dog a loving home is wonderful. Before you do you want to make sure you have all of the facts about Fluffy or Fido. You should ask questions to make sure you are the right situation for any animal. Some questions to ask:
- What type of medical treatment/care has the pet recieved? (age appropriate vaccinations, up to date shots, spayed or neutered, dental exams)
- Does the dog or cat I'm interested in have any medical needs? (If so, expenses can rise quickly.)
- Was the dog behaviorly assessed and will they show you the results? (reputable shelters and groups will have this done.)
- What is the organizations policy if you have to give the pet up? (Sometimes it isn't an ideal placement.)
- How did the animal come to the shelter and how long have they been there?
- How are they with children, other pets, or strangers?
By asking questions up front, you will have a good understanding if this is the right pet for your family and living situation.
Montgomery County SPCA
- 19 East Ridge Pike
- PO Box 222
- Conshohocken, PA 19428
- 1932 Clearview Road
- Souderton, PA 18964
Bucks County SPCA
Lahaska Animal Care Center
- 1665 Street Road
- Lahaska, PA 18931
Upper Bucks Animal Care Center
- 60 Reservoir Road
- Quakertown, PA 18951
Crossings Animal Sanctuary
- 1098 Washington Crossing Road
- Newtown, PA 18940
Cats Bridge to Rescue
- 2820 Old Lincoln Highway #4
- Feasterville-Trevose, PA 19053
Pets Are Inn, Inc. is a Dog and Pet Boarding Business located in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania. We provide loving pet boarding in pre-screened and approved host family homes.
Caring for pets since 1982, Pets Are Inn is the "#1 Alternative for Boarding Your Pet While You're Away " with "All the Comforts of Home."